18 Nov Fruits of a Feather Update – 2.0 Patch Notes
After getting a whooping 10,000+ downloads on Itch.io we though it was about time we did an update.
For the meat and potatoes of the update we’ve listened to your comments, watched your videos and got some great feedback. Here are all the changes we’ve made below:
- New flight and collision model which should feel a lot smoother and birdier.
- Day/Night simulation added.
- Massive Art/Design overhaul to the island with tons of secrets to find.
- Fruit amount and positions adjusted and improved for better flow.
- 2 new songs added that can be found on then island.
- Post Processing overhaul for better pretties.
- New water foam effect.
- LODing and Distance culling added for better performance on lower spec machines.
- New animations to enhance the new flight model.
- Better mouse and keyboard controls.
- Added a FreeCam for the bird.
- New options in the pause menu for control sensitivity.
- Added a dot in screen center to combat motion sickness (can be disabled in options)
- The bird will now fly through plants instead of bouncing off.
- Effects added for flying through clouds, snowy areas, bushes and trees.
- Now using Unity 5.4.2 so this may fix/introduce various issues.
- Tons of other small changes and optimisations.
- Several performance optimisations
We hope all these changes and additions double down on what make the game great but if you have any comments or critiques please leave them on our Itch.io page or in the comments below.